The field of photon based nuclear science and applications is evolving rapidly being driven by the major worldwide developments of ultrahigh intensity lasers and brilliant quasi monochromatic gamma ray beam systems.
The 3rd International Conference on Nuclear Photonics (NP2020) will be held during June 1-5, 2020 in Kurashiki, Japan. The conference will be organized by the Institute of Laser Engineering (ILE) and Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP), under Institute for Open and Transdisciplinary Research Initiatives (OTRI), Osaka University, Osaka Japan.
Nuclear Photonics 2020 aims at bringing together leading scientists, researchers and research scholars from around the world involved in the fields of high energy density physics, high power laser photonics, nuclear physics, astrophysics, accelerator and detector science, and their applications for exchanging and sharing the experience and most recent results.
Nuclear Photonics 2020 is organized in cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).
- Interactions between photons and nucleus/hadrons particles
- Laser-plasma nuclear physics
- High-intensity laser-plasma interactions
- Laser Compton scattering gamma-rays
- Photon-enabled secondary beams (ion, neutron, electron, positron, etc.) generation and its applications
- Photon-based production of rare isotopes
- Nuclear astrophysics and cosmology
- Fundamental photon science
- Strong field QED
- Photon vortex and unique wave function photons
- Isotope-specific nuclear materials detection, and evaluation
- Medical radioisotopes for radiography and radiotherapy
- Ultra-high intensity laser optics and technology
- Accelerator and detector science
Ryosuke Kodama, Director of Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University
Takashi Nakano, Director of Research Center for Nuclear Physics, Osaka University
- Welcome Reception begins at 17:30 on May 31 (Sun)
- Session begins at 9:00 on June 1 (Mon)
- Conference Banquet begins at 19:00 on June 3 (Wed)
- Session will end around 12:00 on June 5 (Fri)
Prof. Victor Malka, Weizmann Institute of Science, Israel
Prof. Andreas Zilges, University of Cologne,Germany
Prof. Georg Korn, ELI-Beam Lines, Czech Republic
List of Invited Speakers (preliminary)
Scientific Program: Coming soon!
Please register at Tobu Top Tours' web site.
Early-bird resistration deadline: March 31, 2020
Rgular registration and Accomodation deadline: April 25, 2020
Early Bird, Regular Registration: 60,000 JPY
Early Bird, Student Registration: 30,000 JPY
Regular Registration: 65,000 JPY
Student Registration: 35,000 JPY
- 1 USD ≈ 110 JPY
- Conference Banquet fee is included in the regular and student registrations.
Please submit your abstract from the registration site.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format (Maximum file size: 4 MB).
- Abstracts are limited to 1 page and should be formatted based on the NP2020 Abstract Template.
- Abstracts are text only. No figures, images, or tables are allowed.
"How to submit your abstract?" is shown in the Second Circular.
Abstract submission opens: November 1, 2019
Abstract submission closes:
January 8, 2020January 29, 2020
Notification to authors: March 1, 2020
The conference venue, “Kurashiki Ivy Square” preserves the outward appearance of Kurabo spinning mill factory built
in 1889, and was proclaimed as National Modernization Industrial Heritage
by Japanese government in 2007. Kurashiki Ivy Square is close to the historical
area of Kurashiki city.
Kurashiki Visitor's Guide
Kurashiki Travel Guide (japan-guide.com)
Getting to Kurashiki from Okayama Airport (OKJ)
Getting to Kurashiki from Kansai International Airport (KIX)
- You should take a shuttle bus to Kurashiki.
- It costs 1,130 JPY and takes 35 min directly to Kurashiki Station. The conference site is about 15 min walk from the station.
- Timetable for the shuttle bus
- Typical way to Kurashiki from KIX is a JR train trip.
- It will cost about 8,000 JPY. At Kansai Airport Station (JR), you can buy the tickets for all the way to Kurashiki.
- You need to change trains twice at Shin-Osaka station and Okayama station.
- To Shin-Osaka Station: Take the Limited Express "Haruka".
- To Okayama Station: Take the Shinkansen (Bullet Train).
- To Kurashiki Station: Take a local train (JR Sanyo Line).
- You can check the time schedule of this route at HyperDia. (From: Kansai Airport, To: Kurashiki)
Hotel Reservation Page is available at the registration page.
We have reserved rooms for the participants at the conference venue, Kurahiki Ivy Square.
- Kurashiki Ivy Square (Conference site)
- Kurashiki Kokusai Hotel
- Kurashiki Royal Art Hotel
- Court Hotel Kurashiki
- Dormy Inn Kurashiki
- Hotel Alpha 1 Kurashiki
- APA Hotel Kurashiki Ekimae
International Advisory Board:
Chris Barty, University of California at Irvine, USA
Ryoichi Hajima, National Institutes for Quantum and Radiological Science and Technology (QST), Japan
Nicolae Victor Zamfir, ELI-Nuclear Physics/Horia Hulubei National Institute of Physics and Nuclear Engineering, Romania
Karl Krushelnick, University of Michigan, USA
Chang Hee Nam, Center for Relativistic Laser Science, Korea
Sergey V. Bulanov, ELI- Beamlines/ Institute of Physics, Czech Academy of Science, Czech
Mitsuru Uesaka, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Norbert Pietralla, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany
Chary Rangacharyulu, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Tadayuki Takahashi, The University of Tokyo, Japan
Calvin R. Howelll, Duke University, USA
Program Committee Chair:
Takehito Hayakawa, QST, Japan
Program Advisory Committee:
Paul McKenna (University of Strathclyde, UK)
Markus Roth (Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany)
Julian Fuchs (LULI, CNRS, Ecole Polytechnique, France)
Yutong Li (Chinese Academy of Science, China)
James Koga (QST, Japan)
Tatiana Pikuz (Osaka University, Japan)
Chary Rangacharyulu (University of Saskatchewan, Canada)
Myung-Ki Cheoun (Soongsil University, Korea)
Peter von Neumann-Cosel (Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany)
Henry Weller (Duke University, USA)
Heishun Zen (Kyoto University, Japan)
Angela Bracco (Milano, Italy)
Sunniva Siem (Oslo, Norway)
Toshiyuki Shizuma (QST, Japan)
Anton P. Tonchev (LLNL, USA)
Sotirios Charisopoulos (International Atomic Energy Agency, Austria)
Naohito Otsuka (International Atomic Energy Agency, Austria)
Yasunobu Arikawa (ILE, Japan)
Shinsuke Fujioka (ILE, Japan)
Takayoshi Sano (ILE, Japan)
Shigeki Tokita (ILE, Japan)
Atsushi Hosaka (RCNP, Japan)
Akifumi Yogo, ILE, Osaka University
Atsushi Tamii, RCNP, Osaka University
Local Organizing Committee:
Y. Abe (ILE), S.R. Mirfayzi (ILE), Y. Arikawa (ILE), M. Nakai (ILE), S.
T. Hotta (RCNP), N. Kobayashi (RCNP), T. Shima (RCNP), T. Kawabata (Dep. of Phys.), A. Odahara (Dep. of Phys.)
Ms. M. Kurisu (ILE), and Ms. A. Morimoto (RCNP)
e-mail: np2020 (at) photon.osaka-u.ac.jp